Friday, March 4, 2011

Check-In

Just a quick update on the week thus far, succeeding my intention of the previous post.

This week has been really lovely. It's been speckled with social stuff, a pub here and there with some workmates and a rendezvous with some old high school best friends. I've worked every day at the coffee shop, which has been high energy and fun. I've cooked well (chompin' on some curry now) and made room for some movement (some dance and a long, cathartic run). Physically and emotionally, I feel good.

And it's all because I decided a few days ago that if I'm going to be in an awkward situation in life, I may as well make it as good as I can. Not just so that when circumstances change, I'll feel good enough to take advantage of the positive swing, but also because I may find a positive surprise in this phase if I'm looking for it.

Day one wasn't easy, because it felt as if I was lying to myself (I'm not really the "personal cheerleader" type), but my energy swiftly followed into the positive. Moods tend to gather momentum easily in either direction; it's the stopping and turning them around that takes effort.

This week has been good. I'm glad to document it, because it can serve as a reminder. If life sucks, choose to keep participating in it, and allow for the possibility of good to coexist with the uncomfortable, because it can.

Peace, dudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment