For someone who thinks incessantly, already journals (in the proper way, on paper and in her own handwriting) and has several ongoing correspondences to communicate and share her thoughts and experiences, this blog would seem, at first glance, to be just another link in the chain.
Why create a blog, if there is no apparent use for one?
Previously, I haven't placed much forethought into my blogs. They functioned as forums to purge thoughts and emotions, to vent, to bounce off ideas to anyone who had a moment to skim my words. Most likely, this will also be the lot of this blog. However, I plan on slowing down a bit with my posts, not simply rattling off stream-of-consciousness rants and publishing them without a second glance or edit. Though I still plan on being a bit off-the-cuff (I know no other way to be, really), I'll enjoy being a more deliberate version of it.
At this juncture in my life, I have an urge to document my journey. Unlike other forums, like Facebook, Twitter or Tumblr, I can use Blogger to be as anonymous as I like. Therefore, I can be as candid as I like.
It has always been my intention to be an open person, to share my experiences. This serves me, but I think the symbiotic nature of life is that when one creature acts naturally and in it's best interest, it can positively influence another. Perhaps my words and ideas can shed some light to someone else.
So that's the goal. Simple, I think. No great expectations are placed on the blog. I have no aspirations for it to be anything but a forum for me to talk and write a bit, with hope that perhaps a person will wander upon my site and glean something positive from it.
Before I take my leave, I will give a brief background on my URL and title. My URL, Space and Ownership, refers to an intention I once set for myself in a very tight-knit support group that I attended regularly over the span of a year and a half. "I will create space for myself to take ownership of myself." I suppose a blog is a good way to do that. I'll explain the support group later.
The title, Into One's Own, is adjacent to the URL. This blog is documenting what I know to be a very important phase for self-growth. I can feel that right now is, at the risk of being cliche, my coming of age. Never have I been so acutely aware of my own process of maturation. It's really something.
I bid you adieu, my internet nook.
Perhaps we'll create something special together.
I leave you with a song. Fitting, if I do say so myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment